Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- WWE Interactive 35cm Jumbo Figure The Rock
- Platinum DOUBLE 3 ACTION leather-wrapped multi-function writing instrument MWBL-5000T (japan import)
- YOYI Home Fashion Blanket Ladybugs Pattern Bunch of Bugs Infinite Speckled Marked Insect Theme Playroom Kids Red Lightweight Blankets for Couch Bed Sofa 60 x63
- Farmerly Monily Stripe Circle Sofa Cover Tight Wrap Slipcovers All-Inclusive Anti-Slip Elastic Sofa Covers Stretchy Sofa Case Couch Cover Three-Seater
- EMG Geezer Butler Signature PJ Bass Pickup Set
- Andreu Toys SW-1824 Wonder Rocking Crocodile, Multi-Colour, 36 x 90 x 48 cm
- Tenshock 6 Pole Brushless Motor Viper 2220 Naviga,Boat Cod.TS-VZ2220 3440KV 9T
- 005. A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes Jingle Jumbles – Monkey See Monkey Do Musical Water Globe - Over 400 Song Choices - Old Spinning Wheel - SWISS
- Halco Mrs. Claus Wig Adult - One-Size
- WWE Flexforce Lightning Swing Kickin Randy Orton
- HBWJSH Lamborghini Car Model 1 18 Evanta Multi-vehicle Model Simulated Alloy LP700 Car Model (color Matte Black)
- F450 Quadcopter Rack Kit Frame APM2.6 and 6M GPS 2212 1000KV HP 30A 1045 Prop F4P01 FPV Drone kit dron quadrocopter Helicopter
- Power Rangers Tokyo Vinyl Action Figures - Megaforce bluee Ranger
- LUNA SEA 25th Anniversary PREMIUM BOX
- [Rikupa -] LeeCooper Watch LC6379 LC6379.499 Men
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with