I’d mobilize my thoughts on this or that polarizing event, only to watch the next day’s outrage demand an instant response. Again and again, week after week. With such an abundance of discord-spawning, nation-splitting controversies bombarding us daily, how do I choose just one?
Portofino White gold 50 piece set (25 guests) 360 PIECE 60 guest OCCASIONS Wedding Disposable Plastic Plate and Silverware Combo (White Silver rim plates)
- BelleAckerman Swaddle Blanket，Cars,3D Style Car Kids Traffic Transport Technology Predotype Vehicle,Dried pink Charcoal Grey White,Lightweight Extra Soft Skin Fabric，Not Allergic 50 x70
- Virginia Governor Ralph Northam’s racist yearbook photo. The popular Democrat resorted to some desperate (and inconsistent) damage control after a photo of his medical school yearbook page went viral – complete with one figure in exaggerated blackface and another in a white KKK hood. It was never clear which figure (or either of them) was Northam; his story kept changing amid calls for his resignation. So far, he’s standing his ground. Takeaway: If neither figure in the photo was Northam, why would he have included it on his yearbook page? Granted, the photo might have been a tongue-in-cheek prank dating from less P.C. times, and we need to acknowledge that flippant young people are capable of growth. But Northam’s evasiveness does him no credit. Should he resign? Probably not. But he should have fessed up, admitted his youthful folly, and stressed how he’s matured. He squandered the potential for a “teachable moment.”
- SYFO Toy Figurine Toy Model Movie Character Collection Ornament 9.5CM Anime modelSPFOZ Model Toy Statue Toy Model Cartoon Character Souvenir Crafts 24CM
- Gillette’s controversial “toxic masculinity” commercial. Sure, it was filled with images of enlightened males in nurturing roles, but the implication was that this isn’t the norm – that men need to be “tamed” if they’re to be considered fit members of post-#MeToo society. A gentle message designed to make us all sing “Kumbaya” only succeeded in fanning the flames of two increasingly bitter American factions: anti-masculine neo-puritans (including virtue-signaling feminist men) vs. defensive macho males and their allies. Takeaway: The Gillette commercial was probably well intentioned but irritatingly condescending toward half of humankind. For every male exhibiting loutish behavior, there must be five or more decent men who don’t. Yet we all need to be lectured? Sorry – not buying it (or the razor, for that matter)
- Pink M HSDDA Party Pet Costume Pet clothes autumn and winter new dog print coral fleece warm dog clothing pet supplies (color Pink, Size M) Pet Uniform (color Pink, Size M)PearlRolan Picnic Blanket，Red Decor,Fruit Theme Pattern Cartoon Style Strawberry on White Background Illustration,Red Fern Green,colorful Home, Couch, Outdoor, Travel Use 50 x60
- Furniture feetStainless Steel Cabinet Foot Sofa Coffee Table Cabinet Support Foot Bed Foot Adjustable furniture feet