I’d mobilize my thoughts on this or that polarizing event, only to watch the next day’s outrage demand an instant response. Again and again, week after week. With such an abundance of discord-spawning, nation-splitting controversies bombarding us daily, how do I choose just one?
Deco Rich Uta no Prince-sama Music 2 Trading Pin (1 Random Blind Box) by Animewild
- QYSZYG Folding Snack Table - Natural Wood, Wooden Folding Table, Two Sizes Available, Simple Student Desk Folding Table (Size 120×72cm)
- Virginia Governor Ralph Northam’s racist yearbook photo. The popular Democrat resorted to some desperate (and inconsistent) damage control after a photo of his medical school yearbook page went viral – complete with one figure in exaggerated blackface and another in a white KKK hood. It was never clear which figure (or either of them) was Northam; his story kept changing amid calls for his resignation. So far, he’s standing his ground. Takeaway: If neither figure in the photo was Northam, why would he have included it on his yearbook page? Granted, the photo might have been a tongue-in-cheek prank dating from less P.C. times, and we need to acknowledge that flippant young people are capable of growth. But Northam’s evasiveness does him no credit. Should he resign? Probably not. But he should have fessed up, admitted his youthful folly, and stressed how he’s matured. He squandered the potential for a “teachable moment.”
- Walthers Trainline Walthers Trainline 40' 4-Bay Offset Hopper Peabody Short Line 6802Hongseanquanwang Climbing Net Outdoor Sports Development Training Crawling Net Wall Predection Net Playground Equipment Width 1M 1M To 10M Length (Size 1mx2m)
- Gillette’s controversial “toxic masculinity” commercial. Sure, it was filled with images of enlightened males in nurturing roles, but the implication was that this isn’t the norm – that men need to be “tamed” if they’re to be considered fit members of post-#MeToo society. A gentle message designed to make us all sing “Kumbaya” only succeeded in fanning the flames of two increasingly bitter American factions: anti-masculine neo-puritans (including virtue-signaling feminist men) vs. defensive macho males and their allies. Takeaway: The Gillette commercial was probably well intentioned but irritatingly condescending toward half of humankind. For every male exhibiting loutish behavior, there must be five or more decent men who don’t. Yet we all need to be lectured? Sorry – not buying it (or the razor, for that matter)
- Pokemon Card Sun and Moon Night Unison Dedenne GX 065 055 HR SM9a JapaneseClassic Spandex Sofa Cover Stretch Geometric Slipcovers Flamingo Simple Floral Elastic All-Inclusive Couch Case for Living Room 11, 1.seat 90-140CM
- The Castle of Shikigami Shikigami No Shiro [Japan Import]