Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Universal Elastic Sofa Covers for Living Room Sofa Towel Slip-Resistant Sofa Cover Strech Sofa Slipcover colour7, 2-Seater 145-185cm
- B Step Stool Creative Multifunctional Folding Stool - Folding Ladder Stool Home Staircase Three Steps, 5 colors (color A)
- Manhasset Matte bluee Symphony Stand
- La Franc jeu-de-boules balls Matt 72 mm 700 gram 6 3 pieces
- WE Games Complete Tournament Chess Set – Plastic Chess Pieces with Green Rollup Chess Board and Travel Canvas Bag
- Exceptional Home Giant Pandas Plush Stuffed Animals - 18 Teddy Bear with Baby Panda - Kids Toys - Gift
- bluee One Size Rubie's Costume Co Women's Anime Wig
- Super Mario D Soft Vinyl Figure 7 Super Mario separately
- Black Owls Set Kemy's Girls School Backpack Set 3 in 1 Bookbag+Shoulder Bag+Pencil Case WaterResistant
- Kurgold's Pasketball Chaza olag collectipn VOX cogmodity 1BOL = 7 piecem, abl seuen
- Trudi 22723 Soft Toy Large Beige
- Rubies Fancy dress costume Co. Inc Womens TMNT Movie Women's Donatello Jumpsuit Fancy dress costume Small
- Anti-Collision Front Bumper Alum Front Bumper for Axial SCX10, T-10 Pro, D90 1 10 RC Cars Black
- Baosity Tracked Robot Smart Car Platform with Damping Effect System Metal Tank Chassis with Powerful Dual DC 9V Motor
- Onna to Seishun Otoko Towa Erio (1 10 Scale PVC ) blitz Special ver.
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with